September 21, 2006

PAUL DOCHERTY - My ex-ozzie Jo'burg buddy


Well here's a story for you ... one day a while ago, I was installing "Skype" onto the PC at home and it picked up the name Paul Docherty as maybe being one of my contacts. Turned out that Paul lived in Melbourne and I had heard via the Grape Vine that Paul and Amanda were living in Melbourne.

So I get into contact with "Paul" and it turns out that it is not OUR Paul but another guy who lives in Melbourne, we get chatting and to cut a long story short but just to show what a small world it is out there, Paul tells me that he is a genuine Ozzie and is moving to South Africa. And No not to Cape Town but leaving Australia behind him to settle in Johannesburg.
Paul has been in Johannesburg for almost 2 months now and loving it.

I have never met Paul, but he and his partner Elliot live in Johannesburg and we have become quite good skype / email buddies. Every time I get an email from him he talks about Johannesburg with such passion that it makes me home sick. He says that Johannesburg just has the best vibe and a wonderful place - now please tell me how many people you know can be so passionate about Johannesburg.?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul Docherty is the greatest friend I ever had, when he lived in Australia.

I will miss him terribly.

He's got such a fantastic personality that he will quickly make lots of close friends who will be with him for life.

Take care Paul!

Michael Scotts, Melbourne

Heaven ...

  I was shocked, confused, bewildered As I entered Heaven's door, Not by the beauty of it all, Nor the lights or its décor. ......