September 16, 2008

Email from Trev ... (Edited)

(It was so nice to get a message on facebook from Trevor, I know we are all so caught up with our own lives that there just isn't time for anything else anymore, but it is so good to hear about old friends and especially as Premier MIS was more like a family to me than a job, I think we all thought those days would last forever, here is an email from Trev).

Yes it has been that long (was chatting to Trev on facebook and told him that it is over 5 years since I last spoke to him) - I was reminded just how long when I saw those pictures from the picnic at Golden Harvest or something was it? I was just had to look twice at the slim figure before Kirstin's fine cooking skills took over... (I think a lot of us have had a similar problem) Haven't been too good at cutting out the beer though, and as for exercise - me???

How much 'news' is good for the blog? I don't really want to go into every detail, but I did leave Premier about 15 years ago and seem to have done lots of stuff since then.

I bump into Nic Poni (Standard Bank) every other year or so, and also came across Tony Mathews at SARS a while back. I must admit to have neglected contact with Kenny, but I did meet up with Mike Reilly last year. I have also been in contact with Rob Lloyd - the two of us spent a week together on a project in Mafikeng a year ago.

Still no kiddies for us - still think I'm too young, but Kirstin has given me an ultimatum for next year. There have to be appropriate presents under the tree for Christmas 2009.

Just to make a small correction. I did buy Tony's house in Midrand, but it was more like 1995 or 1996 - by 2000 I was already remarried and living in Gallo Manor after my ex evicted me... but that's a whole other story for another time.

Trev.

No comments:

Heaven ...

  I was shocked, confused, bewildered As I entered Heaven's door, Not by the beauty of it all, Nor the lights or its décor. ......