January 31, 2008

Home Sick

Well I am sure that a lot of you are like me and go through your bouts of Home sickness. Last week-end we had some friends round, Joe & Carla - Joe is from Durban originally and Carla is from Jo'burg and they both lived in Johannesburg before they moved to Ireland.

They are off to SA in the middle of Feb and were telling us all out their four week trip back home, and how they are going to the Kruger Park and then off to Durban to see Joe's family etc. etc. and we spent 2 hours just talking about SA and home and stuff we used to do and people we know. It's just so nice to be able to share those kinds of memories with people who know exactly what you are talking about - and now I know why South Africans who move away always tend to look for some kind of familiarity.

I have always tried to steer away from the South Africans as it just made me depressed when people talk about how kak it is and this is wrong and the crime and and and, that it was just so nice to chat for 2 hours about the positive and fun things about SA - not that we will all be rushing back now, but just so you all know we miss you loads.

No comments:

Heaven ...

  I was shocked, confused, bewildered As I entered Heaven's door, Not by the beauty of it all, Nor the lights or its décor. ......